Saturday 16 July 2016

Thrifty handbag haul

Hello friends!  Well another interesting week for news indeed. Turkey foils an attempted military coup (good thing because dad is there!), Trump has a VP pic, and Pokemon GO has gamers stumbling about outside.

Phew, where to start?  How about some handbag pics. All of these handbags came from the Salvation Army for $10 or less.  I collected them over a period of several months.  They were in excellent condition.  I wiped them down with a disinfecting wipe and they were good to go!


I dithered whether or not to buy this purse, as I already have two others in this color.  But the workmanship was beautiful. - look at the even stitching that pieces the leather pieces together!! So this patchwork lovely came home to join the hoard collection.


Burgundy patchwork Ellepi, made in Italy, genuine leather.

I spied this adorable black and white purse on the racks and pounced on it.  I love Betsey Johnson!!


White and black, heart motif, Betsey Johnson.

Our Salvation Army has random bins of smallish items.  That is where I found this snakeskin clutch for $4.99!!  If you have time, check all bins and corners.  Poke high and low when you thrift.  You'll never know what you find, or where you'll find it!

Snake clutch, $4.99

On the topic of reptiles, this eelskin handbag was also $4.99. Whew!!




This lovely travelling set holds all  the essentials.  Manicure scissors, eye shadow brushes, eye-lash curler...indepensible, and a steal at $3.99!!  It will come in handy the next time I have to travel and look glamorous.







Our Salvation Army periodically has silent auctions.  I was the winning bidder on this mannequin head.  I call her Julie, as she reminds me of Julie Andrews. 


happy thrifting ;)

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving handbags nos. 3 and 4 the most, as well as the travelling set, but my jaw really dropped when I saw that amazingly beautiful mannequin head. Well done! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your haul and the lovely bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie is gorgeous, what a fab win! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic haul of handbags and heads (but not heads in a duffel bag, because that was a dumb movie).

    I can't resist a patchwork bag in any colour. Oxblood is a versatile shade though-I'll bet it gets tonnes of use. Now you need a matching pair of Bass Wejun penny loafers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ PolyesterPrincess - Aha! You like snakeskin/eels bags too! I don't mind buying them second hand - the texture is truly lovely. I don't know if I could buy them new - I wrestle with my conscience when it comes to buying things like this.

    @ thanks Tanaya! I really like your handbags too!

    @ Vix, you'll think I'm mad. But Julie has been creeping me out. So I think I may have to re-sell her. She is very lovely. I had planned to keep her to display my hats on - but I guess she looks too eerily, human. Funny, eh?

    @ Thanks Goody! Ha ha! Heads in a Duffle Bag - I remember the trailer for that movie. Yes, I DO need a pair of Bass Wejuns!! I'll look for some next month - this month's spending money is gone :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ PolyesterPrincess - Aha! You like snakeskin/eels bags too! I don't mind buying them second hand - the texture is truly lovely. I don't know if I could buy them new - I wrestle with my conscience when it comes to buying things like this.

    @ thanks Tanaya! I really like your handbags too!

    @ Vix, you'll think I'm mad. But Julie has been creeping me out. So I think I may have to re-sell her. She is very lovely. I had planned to keep her to display my hats on - but I guess she looks too eerily, human. Funny, eh?

    @ Thanks Goody! Ha ha! Heads in a Duffle Bag - I remember the trailer for that movie. Yes, I DO need a pair of Bass Wejuns!! I'll look for some next month - this month's spending money is gone :(

    ReplyDelete