Friday 5 June 2015

My happy place, thrifted fabric and the 99 cent sale that wasn't

 Ah! It's cottage weather.  Soon I will be hitting the open road to travel to our lakeside cottage.  Here are some pictures I took enroute.  Aren't the clouds magnificent?









Here is the lake. We are fortunate enough to enjoy a small cabin with lakeside frontage.  The kids have spent many hours fishing off that dock. It's heaven.




Last week I saw that there was going to be a 99 cent sale at the Salv Army.  I went to the Salv Army a few days prior to the sale to scout out some possible buys.

Here is my thrifty outfit, thrifted scarf (about $3), thrifted Reitman's tunic (about $3), Aeropostal cords (clearance $10).




This fabulous blouse caught my eye.  I snapped it up without waiting for the sale.  I can hardly wait to wear it!!!  






I didn't notice that the original tag was on it. $109!?! Cripes!! I'd never pay that.  It is silk though.






During the scouting trip, I hit the jackpot for fabric!!  Plus fabric and linens were 50% off!!  I purchased about 60 metres of fabric for $42!! Most of the fabric was for quilting. Hmmm, I better start piecing quilt blocks soon. My sewing room is packed with fabric!!!






It's the day of the sale!!!  Thrifty OOTD, blue chiffony top from RW (thrifted), tweed jacket (thrifted), jeans (thrifted).





White blazer, it needed a gentle hand wash.  It's perfect for the office!!




Ornate beaded jacket, sadly this would languish in my closet - it got left behind.





Tuxedo jacket by RW, LOVE IT!!






I love how the satin collar goes up a bit at the back.





This vintage pink jacket was tempting, but the collar looked funny on me. I left it behind.






The tag looks vintage.  How old do you think it is?  Aside from a missing button, it was in perfect condition.





Ooooh, the thrift gods were kind to me.  I looooove this cropped, swingy jacket. Vintage Louben, Made in Canada.





Unfortunately, in between trying on the jackets, I discovered that they weren`t included in the 99 cent sale.  So I bought 4 jackets and paid full-price for them.  But heck, they were only $10 each, and the money went to Salv Army.

Plus I did have that cart of fabulous fabric!!



happy thrifting ;)




5 comments:

  1. Whoa. The thrifty gods were definitely guiding you to some wonderful finds. I'm in awe (and wishing I could've tagged along with you... I love a good thrift sale). Smiling (because I can relate to your burgeoning stash) and cheering on your quilting intentions. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Katherine! I hope to have some block pics up soon!!

    happy thrifting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd put that pink jacket in the 80's, but only because of the length. The shoulders aren't crazy, so maybe early 80's?

    Oooh, Talbots! That store was my undoing when I was young and had money to spend.That's a beautiful blouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love Talbots!! I get it exclusively secondhand - I can hardly wait to get my tripod and find my digital camera so that I can take a proper outfit post with this blouse!!!

      happy thrifting ;)

      Delete
    2. I know! I love Talbots!! I get it exclusively secondhand - I can hardly wait to get my tripod and find my digital camera so that I can take a proper outfit post with this blouse!!!

      happy thrifting ;)

      Delete